Copyright: ©2008-2011, Freeware
Info: fastnfo is a small app to view nfo/diz/ascii files.
Comes in both 32 and 64 bit version(s).
Please note, the developement of this software is current on hold – but rest assured, it is not fogotten 😎
Some AV scanners can produce a FALSE positive with fastnfo.
This is because of MPRESS (does not produce anything un-compressed).
fastnfo “file name”
fastnfo64 “file name”
drop file on window
|ESC / ALT+X||Quit|
|F2||Toggle Contrast Mode|
|F3||Toggle Window On-Top|
|ALT+R||Reset default settings|
|ALT+T||Toggle trim selection|
|ALT+Q||Toggle character wrap|
|1-7||Select font type|
|Keypad 1-9||Select font size (6-14)|
|–||Decrease font size|
|+||Increase font size|
Text selection = Copy to clipboard as pure text.
Right Double Click = Copy url to clipboard as pure text.
Left Double Click = Execute url (with default browser).
…as you like 🙂
v0.7.3 – 18.June.2011
- Added Xen bitmap font (id=7), only available in size 8 & 11.
- Font sizes now range from 6 to 14 (KP 1 to KP 9).
- New shortcut: – = decrease font size.
- New shortcut: + = increase font size.
- New shortcut: ALT+X = quit (same as ESC).
- Added option to always trim text selection before copying into clipboard.
- Added ‘reset to defaults’ menu option.
- Basic error handler, creates fastnfo.err.log in application dir:
- version, time & date, admin?, OS, message, description, codeline.
- Fixed a bug which caused sub classing of auto-selection > clipboard to fail.
- Fixed file lock on unsupported file formats.
- Slight general optimization.
- File load time decreased.
- Deletes not-used ini keys automatically on exit.
- /portable command disables settings save and error log save.
- Separate threads used for various operations.
- Word wrap renamed to character wrap which it actually is > ALT-Q.
- Disabled shortcut key for about if it is showing.
- Disabled version check window completely if no connection is available.
- Version history in separate history.txt file, except current changes.
v0.7.2 – 14.June.2011
- Fixed a minor memory leak.
- Fixed file size limit.
- Fixed broken window re-size.
- Added /portable command line switch to disable registry associating.
- Changed the behavior of registry access for file associating:
- fastNFO will not ask for administrator privileges anymore,
- if run as admin, the option will be available, unless /portable is used.
- Empty lines at the end is truncated.
- Date display is now always shown with trailing 0 if single digit.
- x64 file name fastnfo_x64.exe -> fastnfo64.exe, remember to re-associate.
v0.7.1 – 13.June.2011
- Added word wrap function, select through options menu or CTRL+W.
- Status bar fields align better now.
- Fixed window on top could malfunction on some systems.
- Window minimum size is now 320×200.
- Window except viewing area now always uses default system font(s).
v0.7 – 10.June.2011
- Manual online version check, disabled if no internet connection exists (F12).
- Two new fonts selectable:
- Topaz Amiga-kickstart 2.x+ (modified, id=5).
- Terminal (default windows terminal, id=6).
- Fixed font memory loading, could cause system to ‘forget’ the font.
- Fixed display area flickering when resizing.
- Fixed minor typo in About tool tip when no file was open
- Fixed about menu item when opened a file through drag-drop.
- File reading now supports BOM (UTF8, UTF16 LE), file format displayed in status bar.
- Removed all pre-Windows 2000 code.
- If associating with the x64 version, the x86 entries are wiped from registry.
- Added option to save state of ‘window on-top’ (F3).
- Updated menu shortcut displays.
- Reduced font memory usage.
- Reduced memory use for ini file reading.
- File association is now 100% compatible with vista/7.
- Requirements for x86 version is Windows 2000 Professional or newer.
- About menu is disabled when about is showing.
- Web-related menu items are disabled if no internet connection exists.
v0.6 – 1.June.2011
- Removed x86 only code from x64 version.
- Slight speed-up in text loading.
- Compiled using pb 4.60b3 (fasm v1.69.31).
- Fixed potential memory leak with font-loading.
- Fixed about display.
- Contrast mode, switch through menu or F2.
- File type .ascii is also associated.
- Bytes read \ file size is now displayed in status bar.
- Window can now be re sized.
- Updated icons.
- Added 3 new fonts (Amiga stylish)
- MicroKnight Plus by Unknown
- mOsOul by Desoto/Mo’Soul
- P0T-NOoDLE by Leo ´Nudel´ Davidson
- (t!s-af10.zip) -> www.asciiarena.com/apps.php?pageno=2&sort_by=name
- Fonts are selectable through menu or keys 1-4.
- Font sizes are selectable through menu or keypad 1-4 (8,9,10,11 in size)
- Settings is now stored in fastnfo.ini (in fastnfo location)
- Contrast mode.
- Last window position.
- Font type.
- Font size.
- Appending version date format -> DS/ISO8601:2005 -> <year>.<mm>.<dd>
- Updated version history to be more viewer-friendly.
- Behavior of viewing area control:
- Selecting text will auto-copy selection to clipboard.
- Right-double click on links will auto-copy link to clipboard.
- Left-double click on links will execute them.
v0.51 – 27.April.2011
- When clipboard-selecting text, spaces are now removed on both sides.
- Fixed icons.
- Fixed a few typos.
- Fixed minor memory leak.
- Window title is now name of open file, program info moved to status bar.
- Minor speedup’s.
- Version now has date attached, <month>.<day>.<year>
v0.5 – 16.April.2011
- Fixed a potential crash with memory font loading.
v0.4 – 8.October.2010
- Removed tool tip from main window, was annoying.
- Menu’s are now gradient.
- Fixed file association, should now work properly.
v0.3 – 25.April.2010
- Web-Links are now click able in shown text, Double-Click To follow, Right-Click to set in clipboard.
- Files can now be dropped on main window.
- Added option to associate (and remove again) .nfo & .diz files to fastnfo, if it doesn’t work first time
(mainly cause other app has it already), remove and then add again.
v0.22 – 21.March.2010
- main display is now activated from start, easier for mouse wheel use
- uses ASCII.ttf by Eistee (http://www.apollosoft.de/ASCII/indexen.htm)
- increased font size from 8 to 10
- added xp manifest
- fixed a minor bug
- optimized memory usage
- fixed icons
v0.21 – 14.March.2010
- First re-write in PureBasic
- ASCII font © by Eistee, http://www.apollosoft.de/ASCII/indexen.htm
- These fonts are released under the Creative Commons v3.0 license:
- TrueType convertion of these fonts by dMG/t!s^dS!
- P0T-NOoDLE is © Leo ‘Nudel’ Davidson.
- MicroKnight is © Unknown author.
- mO’sOul is © Desoto/Mo’Soul.
- Topaz is © AmigaInc.
- For more info visit : http://spetsnaz.su/dmg/html/fonts.html
- Xen Font is © by Martin ‘Xen’ Huttenloeher.
- MPRESS is © MATCODE Software.